As part of it's export strategy Antrim, Newtownabbey Borough Council have worked with Xpand to explore opportunities to develop connections between the region and it's twin city Gilbert, Arizona.
Xpand helped to identify the existing and potential connections between Antrim, Newtownabbey Borough Council and the Greater Phoenix Area. Providing the information needed to design a trade mission programme for companies coming from Antrim Newtownabbey Borough Council and the Greater Phoenix Area.
Alastair Law from Antrim, Newtownabbey Borough Council states "We are really happy with the approach and data that Xpand helped to bring to clarify our decisions and strategy when approaching this trade mission."
Sister City Programmes
Twin towns or sister cities are a form of agreement between towns, cities, provinces, regions, states, and even countries in geographically and politically distinct areas to promote cultural and commercial ties. Xpand Insights has the capability to compare the economic data from both regions and identify the connections and opportunities.
What did Xpand Do?
- Identified highly exportable potential participants from within the region
- Identified relevant companies and sectors for encouraging international development
- Identified the current number of registered businesses within the creative sector
- Helped provide data used for engagement and promotion
- Provided On-Boarding Facilities for export development programmes
- Provided tools to generate 1 page feasibility reports for each business applying to head to Phoenix, Arizona
Antrim, Newtownabbey Borough Council received over 16 eligible enquiries for businesses to attend it's trade mission and has received relevant information to assess the feasibility, plan the best areas to explore and an understanding of the objectives and targeted sectors to focus on.
The trade mission will begin in November 2018; Xpand will be working with Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council to trial Xpand Access, Xpand Insights and provide feedback on the requirements for the upcoming Insights+ project (TBA).